UC San Diego Health has long been a leader in technology.
In order to support quality reporting and care management, especially as we enter into value-based payment arrangements with select payers, affiliated practices have two options for health information exchange. First, use of Epic through UC San Diego Health’s Community Connect offering. Second, use of another federally-certified EMR.
Use of Epic provides improved health care delivery through the seamless exchange of health information. A single EMR platform enables integrated coordination of care for shared patients and is the best way to improve quality and control costs, which is critical for current and future value-based payment programs.
UC San Diego Health will subsidize the cost of community Connect implementation for affiliates, making Epic EMR an achievable goal for your practice.
UC San Diego Health Community Connect Technology Offering
As a medical leader with over a decade of Epic Ambulatory EMR experience, UC San Diego Health is the best provider of locally supported EMR for affiliated practices in Southern California. Our Community Connect offering provides the following:
- Prelude (registration)
- Cadence (scheduling)
- Resolute (professional billing and patient accounting)
- Health Information Management - Release of Information
- Scanning (ability to scan directly into Epic)
- EpicCare Ambulatory (clinical/core EMR)
- MyChart (patient portal)
- Care Everywhere (Epic-to-Epic Health Information Exchange)
- Haiku (for use with SmartPhones)
- Canto (for use with Apple iPads)
Third Party Applications
- Surescripts® e-Prescribing and Transitions of Care Messaging
- Passport® Real-Time Eligibility (for payers currently active at UC San Diego Health)
- RightFax® e-Faxing (outbound only)
- OnBase® Document Management System (for scanning registration and clinical documents into Epic)
- Citrix® application deployment and remote access
- Medispan® medication database updates
- Business Objects® Reporting
- AMA Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) Library and Updates
- San Diego Health Exchange for Regional Health Information Exchange
- Televox® appointment reminders (up to 4 contacts per scheduled visit)
- Bidirectional interfaces for LabCorp and Quest lab facilities
- Epic maintenance and upgrades
- Implementation, training and support
- Optimization visits within 180-days from go-live
- 2 weeks of onsite go-live support
- Technical assessment (review of current state of hardware and network, and technology recommendations to support optimal performance of Epic)
- Epic workflow alignment
- Specialty-specific starter sets
- Standard quality reports, including MACRA-Quality; PQRS, via EMR direct reporting; Advancing Care Information (Meaningful Use, for Medicare)* These reports represent a subset of metrics required for MACRA/MIPS reporting.
Why is UC San Diego Health offering an EMR solution to affiliated practices?
The answer is simple; improved health care delivery through the seamless exchange of health information.
Contact the Physician Network for more information.