The formation of UC San Diego Health Accountable Care Network (ACO) follows the successful development of UC San Diego Health Affiliated Network, a clinically integrated network. In 2014, UC San Diego Health began formally integrating with community physicians and local hospitals, collaborating on administrative functions, business and clinical initiatives to improve efficiencies and benefit patients. Today, UC San Diego Health is aligned with Tri-City Medical center in Oceanside, El Centro Regional Medical Center in El Centro, and more than 500 select community physicians and specialists from San Diego, Imperial, and Riverside Counties.
These partnerships support acute in-patient care and a spectrum of outpatient primary and specialty medical and surgical services, including ambulatory and emergency patient care.
Similar to the development of the Affiliated Network, UC San Diego Health established extensive qualifying parameters for its selection of providers into the Accountable Care Network. Accountable Care Network participants meet high standards for patient care, patient satisfaction, and commitment to reporting on quality measures and patient outcomes.
Accountable Care Network Participants agree to:
- Actively participate in the ACO’s governance committees and partnership with our staff.
- Regularly attend Network Performance Collaborative meetings.
- Continually monitor best practice care protocols and patient experience.
- Use a federally certified EMR system and actively share population health information from their EMR to support patient care.
- Meet and comply with our data-sharing requirements and quality reporting initiatives.